Monday, July 19, 2010

Capoeira - My thoughts and musings pt.1 of....I have no idea....

Come the last week of August, I will have been doing Capoeira for 4 long ass years. I find it crazy that since 2006, I've taken up an artform that would teach me about myself as well as how to relate to the world as a whole. It brought a lot of beautiful people into my life and it took me to a lot of places I would never Imagine myself being. It has its share of bullshit, but It gives you the grace thats neccesary to deal with the bullshit, and thats one of the many reasons I love it.

Thoughts on what Capoeira actually is
Regardless of what anyone tells you (including myself ) Capoeira like all the other martial arts / cultures, is a means of learning about the world/life and gracefully dealing with whatever crazy bullshit life throws your way. So In many essences, your freeing yourself from whatever obstacle life can possibly throw at you and working your way towards your true potential by being who youre meant to be mentally, physically, spiritually and whatever other "ally" you want to throw in there.

One of the main philosophical views on capoeira I feel goes in conjunction with the point I tried make in the first paragraph, is that

"Capoeira Is the opposite of society"

(Props to Prof. Macaco on that one)

because society is basically about people acting like theyre youre buddy, by being courteous and polite when you see them, but at the end of the day under all the smiles and kindness, everyone is out for themselves at the end of the day.

Capoeira is the opposite of that because Capoeiristas beat the shit out of each other, and theyre constantly trying to get over one another by using whatever dirty trick they can come up with to get the best of whoever theyre playing / fighting against. But under all of the treachery, deception and malice, we're all there for each other and no matter how mean or aggressive we get, everything we do is out of love and respect for one another.

you feel me on that shit?

good, cuz I aint explaining the shit any further.

more darts coming son.
Royal Arrogance.


No comments:

Post a Comment